Monday, September 12, 2011

{A is for Apple}

Today was Cooper's 1st day of Mother's Day Out

We have known it was coming for some time now

We've been talking about it for weeks

He's been practicing carrying his backpack and lunchbox as well as napping on his napmat

Today started out rough

As I changed his diaper 1st thing this morning and I reminded him what today was he would not let me put him down, wrapping his legs around me.

He didn't want to get dressed, the only way I got him in the truck was by asking if he wanted to ride in brother's seat, who was on a walk with our neighbor. This morning he didnt want to help carry his backpack, lunchbox nor his napmat, he even wanted to be carried inside.

He was feeling very unsure.

I hung out and played with him a while before saying good bye, he was sitting in my lap to prevent me from escaping, but evenutally I was able to sneak out.

I could hear him screaming down the hall, but slowly and surely the screams faded. I stood outside his door till be was better, maybe a little whiney, but I could see he was making friends with one of his teachers. I knew it was time to leave as I was about to start crying as one of the worker was trying to convience me it was okay to leave and that he was doing really well for having never been left anywhere before.

So, I left and Dillon and I played for a couple hours, just the two of us. We ate lunch together, just the two of us. When D went down for his nap I started missing Cooper and anticipating going to pick him up.

When I walked in the door and saw him hovering the same teacher, I knew he had found his safety and then when she told me how he was showing everyone his moves during music time, I knew he had a good time. I was shocked to hear he had actualy napped there, but his favorite teacher had sat by him till he fell asleep.

He proundly carried his Lovie and his artwork out to the car.

His 1st day of school, now history.

I'm sure he's going to love it, and I am sure it will be good for him.

We are BOTH just having to get used to it.

No comments: