Thursday, August 13, 2009

{40 weeks}

Today is our official due date and little Cooper is too happy in my belly to let us see him yet. I keep joking with Brandon that I am going to go into labor tonight during the first Cowboy game to give him a real taste of Fatherhood.

We went to the doctor yesterday who said it was time to set a date to induce. He didn't even measure my belly since I think at this point I am overcooked just by the looks of me...So the plan was to schedule the inducement for next Wednesday, but when the nurse finally called me back today she could not schedule the inducement untill a week from Monday, the 24th!!!! So at this point I have to have faith that as with all the other things in our life that have been working out, God is in control of this and Cooper will be here exactly when he is supposed to.

Now if I may vent for a moment.....

***WARNING***
If one more person says "if you just ________________ he'll come" or "I heard if you ____________ you will go into labor"...
If one more person says "you should have him on _______________, because that is the day that_______________" or "don't have him on ______________because I _____________ that day"...
If one more person says "ohhh, your here" when I walk in the door...so help me...
There is a very high probability that their head will be flying across the room as a result of my patience being gone with everyone elses' opinions and recommendations.
I went into this pregnancy with the idea that it will progress and end naturally. Although I may be huge and somewhat uncomfortable obviously it is just not time for Cooper to join us yet and when he is ready we are ready, not a moment sooner, so seriously, I am done with all the so called advice and scheduling. I am perfectly good with Cooper coming when he comes regardless of other people's plans, unplans, theories and advice.

2 comments:

Aly Scott said...

I love pregnant woman!! I really do! They don't put up w/ BS and they tell you exactly how it is! That is me - just all the time. Thanks for the update! Awaiting your email....

love ya, Aly

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie, Just PLEASE have him by Christmas. I think we are planning a trip your way for a Grey get together. It's time. Your wedding was the last time all 3 boys were together.

We love you,
"Ant" B & Uncle RiRi