Tuesday, November 24, 2009

{day 3}

Day 3: Private Practice
I am thankful for my new career venture. It provides me with so many new opportunities. Not only can I set my own schedule and run my own show, it provides me autonomy in my work. Sometimes I think back to grad school when professors would talk about 'when you are in private practice' and I would sit there and think 'how in the world will I ever make it there.'

I have good friends to thank, especially Susan and Maria. Susan for helping me get my internship where I met my supervisor Maria, who carried me with her. She trusted in me. Not only did she trust in my work ethic, she she trusted in my ability to help others, my knowledge of theory and crisis stabilization. She instilied in me the confidence I needed to know that I am able to do what I go into the office to do and the ability to manage and maintain whatever I am faced with.

I thank my husband for being supportive of my career transition when there were plenty of other transistions to focus on. He has been very helpful and supportive during this stressfull transistion.

I am thankful for the time I am able to spend with Cooper since I only have to work 3 days a week now.
I am thankful for Cain being my partner in crime and going to work with me.

I am thankful for Maggie and Sadi for teaching me all they have about stupid annoying insurance panels.

I am thankful that I truely enjoy my career.

No comments: