Thursday, November 26, 2009

{day 5}

day 5: family

As we were sitting at my parents having Thanksgiving dinner tonite, I couldn't resist grabbing the opportunity to get everyone to pose for "a picture with a picture." This is the only professional family picture we had made growing up so it continues to be the main focus of the living room. This picture is from the mid 80's and here is today....
and, well, this is what we really look (act) like...

[Quick explaination: Daddy is trying to 'suck' in to look 20 pounds skinnier, Mom doesn't want to stand up straight because then she would be too tall, Farrah telling Mom what to do and then Me, just there]

With giving thankfullness towards my family I now also give thanks for MY family. Still a little weird to say, but I now have a lil fam of my own!
I am thankful for my family because we all truely love and care about one another. I am thankful for my parents showing me that marriage can last, in a society that 30+ years of marriage is now a rarity. I am thankful for my mother who is the nicest yet strongest women I know. She is a survivor. I am thankful for my father will help with anything and who can cook up some yummy grub. I am thankful for my sister, who is my best friend. I am thankful for the opportunity to now create, mold, lead and love my family.

No comments: