Sunday, November 1, 2009

{October rAnDoMnEsS}

I sit here writing this post not sure where to start. The last few months have been a whirlwind of change full of excitement and anxiety, now it is time for the dust to start settling. Since I could not mention a couple of the changes on this blog until they happened I thought I would give a short recap of what has been going on with me and B. Back in July, yes July, B was offered a job with DART which he had been applying and interviewing for since January. It was a great offer at a not so great time since Cooper was expected to be here August 13th and they wanted him to start the 1st of August. Luckily B was able to talk with them and they pushed his start date back, however when C was not here on 'time' I got very scared that B would have to go ahead and start his job and possibly not be able to be with me for C's arrival. Obviously, with this all in the past, Brandon was there for C's arrival (thanks to a scheduled induction) and started his new job the next week. The day we brought C home from the hospital B literally dropped us off at home to go up to Dallas Dodge and resign and clean off his desk. It had to work like this so B could use the rest of his vacation time and not be told to 'just go' which is how the car industry treats people who have worked for them for over 15 years. Now B has been at DART for 10weeks and loves it, he says this will be his last job. I am so releaved that he loves his job and I love that he is now home everyday by 4pm. He has gone from working 60+ hours/6 days a week to simply 40 hours and has great benefits. Perfect timing for our new family.

As for me, on October 16th I went in to guit my old job. This too was something I could not mention, but has been the plan ever since we started talking about having a baby. Many of you know I was A)miserable at my old job and B)preparing to make the change to private practice. There is never a perfect time to quit a steady paycheck with benefits to be self employeed so we planned that after we had a baby I would make the change for the ultimate benefit of the family. This has been the huge career step I have wanted to take for a couple years and thankfully I have the most supportive husband I could ever ask for. So now I am offically self employeed. I am back at work one day a week with many mixed feelings about how to define my new role as a mother mixed with my career goals. Right now all I can say is I am very glad I like what I do becuase when I get to work I totally enjoy it, but before I leave the house for work I struggle with wanting to leave C. Hopefully with time balance will come. Mondays are "daddy daycare days." B has Monday's off so he is in charge of C while I am at work. This has been the most comforting part of the going back to work experience, knowing that C is with B. Now when I start working a second day a week and I have to leave C with the sitter I am not sure how I will feel.

So needless to say 2009, specifically August 19, 2009-October 16, 2009 have been a time of GREAT change for B and I. All change for the good, but we all know that even good change can be stressfull. B and I have joked numerous times that if we can make it though this we will be able to make it through anything. Now that we have offically set all the newness in motion we are working at adjusting to our new life, new roles, new jobs.

here are a few RaNdOm October pictures of lil C...
going for a walk all bundled up for a cool fall day... I love this fun polka dot blanket...out for Daddy's birthday...
Mommy playing photographer (which is really hard with infants!)...
another one of Mommy playing...

No comments: